You do not need to be home for cleanings. In fact, the most important thing we recommend is making sure there is a reliable way for your Homekeeper to get into your home. We generally recommend a garage code or a lockbox, because it is more secure than leaving a key under the mat (although you can do that too).
Here is a lockbox that some of our clients have used: http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-5400D-Set-Your-Own-Combination/dp/B0002YP1VC/
1) TIDY strongly recommends NOT giving keys to Homekeepers. The safest thing to do is retain control of the access to your home.
2) We strongly recommend NOT giving the only copy of your key to a Homekeeper. Its possible they might make an honest mistake with your closing notes, and you don't want that impacting your ability to get into the home. A copy of a key is typically inexpensive and a good idea.
Adding Home Access Instructions
Once in your account, you can add instructions on how to access the home.
- Tap/click TIDY To Dos (it may be in the menu if you cannot see it).
- On the top of your To Dos you should see a "Home Access" section with a pencil icon. Tap/click the pencil.
- Type your instructions, it will save, then go back.
Here is what it looks like: