We recommend never leaving your key with a Homekeeper, for the following reasons:
- If the Homekeeper takes time off, they will have your key and won't be able to easily hand it off.
- If you want anyone else to come, they won't be able to get in.
- If the Homekeeper loses it, you'll have to get a new one.
- If the Homekeeper forgets it, they won't be able to get in.
In other words, it's generally a bad idea :(
That said, if you did give your key to a Homekeeper and need it back, here is our process.
- Notify us.
- We will reach out to the Homekeeper and offer to have them ship it to us, to protect your privacy.
- Upon receipt, we will mail the key to your address on file.
This process generally takes 8-16 days, and depends mostly on how available/responsive the Homekeeper is. We cannot guarantee that you will get your key back, as it is out of our hands. However, we will try to get it back.