We recommend never leaving your key with a Homekeeper, for the following reasons:
- If the Homekeeper takes time off, they will have your key and won't be able to easily hand it off.
- If you want anyone else to come, they won't be able to get in.
- If the Homekeeper loses it, you'll have to get a new one.
- If the Homekeeper forgets it, they won't be able to get in.
In other words, it's generally a bad idea :(
That said, if you did give your key to a Homekeeper and need it back, here is our process.
- Notify us.
- We will reach out to the Homekeeper and ask them to ship it to you.
This process generally takes 8-16 days, and depends mostly on how available/responsive the Homekeeper is. We cannot guarantee that you will get your key back, as it is out of our hands. However, we will try to help you get it back.